Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Place Names

Anyone who likes a bit of nonsense can check out a short piece I wrote on place names in England called Ten Places in Great Britain You Might Not Want to Move To.
It appears on the Quazen site in something called Trifter.com. (Quazen has developed a policy of putting the articles people write on a variety of sites, instead of all on one main one. Not sure whether it’s ideal, particularly when I have no idea what Trifter means, but it seems to collect all the articles on travel together.)

4 comments:

Dom Crowl said...

Hmm I bet the same joker just went around naming all those places for fun. Or maybe it was just one of King George III's phases.

Mike Crowl said...

You'll have to remind me why King George III particularly: was he well known for peculiar namings? I can't remember whether he was the Mad one?

Dom Crowl said...

Yeah he was the mad one hence the silly names. Despite the fact you could have easily looked it up on wikipedia I appreciate, instead, that you left me to appear as the historical intellect. It's very noble. :)

Mike Crowl said...

Have to make use of that University education somehow!