Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hay fever

For the first time in over thirty-three years, we used a laundrette today. A more pleasant experience than it used to be, I must say. While we were doing this a window-cleaner was cleaning a shop window nearby. I went over and asked if it would be possible to borrow his squeegee for a moment to clean my car windscreen; it had got covered in some gritty stuff yesterday, and smeared when Celia used the wipers this morning.
‘I’ll come over and do it, mate,’ says the window-cleaner, and he did, far better than I would have done.
Later in the morning we went to the craft centre, just a couple of miles out of town, where we were going to the course in enamelling we booked some time ago. I’ve written about it in more detail on another blog.
And tomorrow we head off - somewhere else. We’ve yet to decide where.
For the last few days I’ve had some kind of hay fever, the first time I’ve had it for quite a few years. Nothing I’ve taken seems to be shifting it very well, and I spent much of this afternoon at the enamelling blowing my nose. Very annoying.

No comments: