Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Small doors

I don’t like 16th century houses with short doors. I raced up the stairs this evening to answer the phone in one of the upstairs rooms, lowered my head to get through the doorway and still managed to nearly knock myself out on the lintel. Forgot about the phone and struggled to retain my wits as I lay on the floor gasping with the pain. I can’t believe that people in the 16th century were ever this small. To get through two of the doors upstairs you have to perform the kind of manoeuvre you’d use in one of those dances where people form an arch and you go under it. Most people look as though they’re never going to make it through one of those, so imagine how they’d get on here.

2 comments:

Bevetal said...

Bet I'd be okay with those door frames ! How's your poor head ?

Mike Crowl said...

yes, I bet you would. Thought you might be a bit delicate on the wonky floors.